I believe we can be anyone

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you like everybody else is to fight the hardest battle you can fight--but never stop fighting! E.E. Cummings


Thursday, June 03, 2010

My 25 Favourite Sexy Movies and Scenes from Movies: Part 1

It's time to lighten things up a bit.  Can't be too serious all the time.  Since one of GoDDess GrOOve's qualities is about connecting with sensuality, I thought I would blend that with my passion for movies.  Movies are a bit of an obsession for me.  I love watching them and once in a while I get insights into my own life through them.  Sometimes I just enjoy watching relationships between people unfold.  I enjoy going to places I haven't been.  I enjoy time travelling.  I enjoy the stories, the costumes, the adventures, the music, the writing, the acting.  A really great movie sweeps me into its world so that I can forget the one I'm in for a while. 

Below is a list of movies that I found to be hot, sexy, romantic and sensual, whether it was the characters, the scenes and or the storylines.  I would love to hear from you as to what your favourites are!

9 1/2 Weeks: Pre-boxing days Mickey Rourke.  Hot, hot, hot!!!. I don't know about you, but this has got to be the sexiest I have ever seen Mickey Rourke. The man oozes sex appeal in this movie and he's absolutely adorable. Kim Basinger meets Mickey Rourke as he sweeps her off her feet and takes her on a sexual rollercoaster journey and pushes her way beyond her edges, for yes, 9 1/2 weeks. Kim realizes she would like to go further in the relationship than just sexual game playing and escapades but realizes he's emotionally unavailable. Eating from the fridge was never so much fun and Kim does a great "striptease" scene.


The Postman Always Rings Twice: Drifter Frank Chambers (played by Jack Nicholson) meets Cora (played by Jessica Lange), a married woman stuck in a life she hates with her husband who owns a diner/mechanic shop. Cora and Frank have unbelievable sexual chemistry and decide to have an affair.  They decide to be together no matter what, even if it means possibly killing her husband. This movie has one of the hottest and rawest sex scenes ever between Jessica and Jack.


Chocolat: For me personally, anything that Johnny Depp is in rocks! A woman moves into a small town and opens up a chocolate store around Lent, a "no no" in the eyes of a close knit and close minded religious community. Her chocolate tends to have "special" effects on the people who enjoy them. A well acted movie and Johnny Depp is hot as a travelling gypsy who has his eyes on the Chocolatier played by Juliette Binoche.


Dracula: With Gary Oldman, as a romantic, mysterious and sexy Count and Winona Ryder, who plays the love of his life. Dracula meets up with his reincarnated old flame (Winona) from a few hundred years ago and Winona, who is soon to be married, just can't resist his charms. Great performances, sexy and romantic, in a weird vampire kind of way.  There's something about the sucking of necks that ....


Frida: Salma Hayek plays Frida Kahlo the Spanish artist who is uncompromising and unapologetic in her life choices which include being with the occasional woman lover from time to time. This is the story of her life with some hot and sensual scenes, especially the dance with Frida and her female lover.


Basic Instinct: Sharon Stone in her infamous role as a sexy novelist accused of murdering one of her lovers. Michael Douglas plays a detective who ends up having an affair with her. Not a good idea since she's under investigation and he's "investigating" her. This movie is famous for the "interrogation, sexy leg crossing" scene with Sharon, au naturel.


Queen of the Damned: The sexiest vampire ever to be played by Stuart Townsend in my opinion.  Although Angel, played by David Boreanaz of Buffy fame is a close second. Anne Rice's novel is adapted to the screen. I was reluctant to see this movie due to reviews and finally caved in to watch it.  It's now one of my favourite vampire movies ever. I liked it better than "Interview with the Vampire", although I did enjoy that one too. Allayah's last performing role before she died (way too young) and she's stunning as the Queen Vampire who is released from being trapped for centuries and is now hungry for love, power and blood.  Lots of blood.  Darn those kooky vampires!


Lie with Me: A brave, raw, controversial and extremely sexually explicit story of two emotionally damaged people living in Toronto who feel trapped and try to escape from life, with each other.



Stay tuned for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment