I believe we can be anyone

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you like everybody else is to fight the hardest battle you can fight--but never stop fighting! E.E. Cummings


Monday, September 19, 2011

Farewell Summer

It's hard to believe that summer is coming to a close.  I was surprised the other day to go riding and to see dead leaves on the ground.  I could smell that particular smell of fall, the smell of things dying.  In particular those leaves.  Each season seems to have a distinct smell to it.

The shift in the change of seasons from summer to fall always feels too swift for me.  It's like someone has flicked on a switch and the season has changed.  Alas, summer, I bid you farewell and look forward to your return next year.  But, I'm sure, we will still have a few "Indian" summer days left!

In August, we went for another wonderful ride to Springbank Road in Calgary.  I hope you enjoy some of these shots whilst on our journey.  Blessings and keep you "posted"!


A wheel on display in front of someone's entranceway.




Someone else's entranceway above.


The weather started to turn a little but it was still nice.  We made it home just in time before it started to rain.


A patch of field where I decided to take a rest and enjoy the quiet and solitude.  Only a few kilometers out of the city and it's surprisingly quiet.




We saw three grown deer jump up and run off.   I think they were taking a nap and were startled by some noise.


Two beautiful horses on someone's property that said hello.  The one in the back was more shy than the black one.







No comments:

Post a Comment