I believe we can be anyone

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you like everybody else is to fight the hardest battle you can fight--but never stop fighting! E.E. Cummings


Friday, June 10, 2011

Ahhh, spring!!


I love spring!  Especially after a long, long winter.  The grey and blandness of winter gets to me after a while and I'm living for the day of color, the light of day and the smells of blooms in the air.  The promise of spring to come is what I yearn for.  The day I can stop wearing so many layers of clothing trying to keep warm on those cold winter nights.  The day I will ride my bike again.  The mornings where I can enjoy sitting on my balcony enjoying my flowers while I drink my morning tea.  Spring cleaning and letting go.  I love riding my bike and catching a whiff of lilacs as I ride by.  Ahh, yes, spring!  What's not to love!!




Springtime is the land awakening.  The March winds are the morning yawn. 
~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You




Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" 
~Robin Williams


Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer. 
~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth




April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks, Go! 
~Christopher Morley, John Mistletoe
      

Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. 
~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke

 


It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! 
~Mark Twain
      
I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.  ~Ruth Stout



No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. 
~Proverb


Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. 
~Doug Larson


Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day. 
~W. Earl Hall




If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. 
~Anne Bradstreet
 
The naked earth is warm with Spring,
And with green grass and bursting trees
Leans to the sun's kiss glorying,
And quivers in the sunny breeze.
~Julian Grenfell




 
I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring.  Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? 
~Edward Giobbi



If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. 
~Terri Guillemets



Spring Maiden





No comments:

Post a Comment