I believe we can be anyone

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you like everybody else is to fight the hardest battle you can fight--but never stop fighting! E.E. Cummings


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Confucius says....

"Better than the one who knows what is right, is the one who loves what is right."

Confucius

Behind love is passion.  When a person is passionate about something, he or she will stop at nothing to make sure their cause is heard or realized into reality.

Who do you know that lives like this in your life currently?

We have had examples over the years of people who have lived like this.  Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Erin Brokovich, Mother Teresa and the list can go on.  These are "large" examples but in our daily lives there may be people that have lived or live like this currently.  Sometimes they are behind the scenes and sometimes they are out in front.

Every well known advocate started with taking one step.  It doesn't happen overnight.  If you feel drawn to a cause then go with it and take one step.  That's all that matters.

I often forget that it's the journey, not the destination and I need to consistently remind myself of that when I get frustrated or impatient with not seeing results as quickly as I would like.  Sometimes falling "off the wagon" is a good thing.  It reminds us of where we would like to be and helps us to get back on track. 

Change takes time.  It's taken me the last ten years of doing personal growth and relearning how I would like to take care of myself, my body and my health.  I have spent time figuring out what my values are and what's important and a priority.  I have made many tiny steps along the way but it didn't happen overnight.

Be patient.  Have a destination so you can keep focused and on track and remember it's the journey and all the steps in between.  You can do it.  Just start.


Erin Brockovich

Who is an example for you?

What are you passionate about? 

What do you love that is right? 

What are you willing to fight for?

Are you willing to fight for yourself?  After all, it all starts with you.

1 comment:

  1. My son is an example for me. I found out the reason he does Youtube Videos on various subjects is to stay connected, and for admiration. What he didnt realize is what people actually thought of his videos. I posted one of them on my FB page. It is touching, compassionate, strong and many other values I admired about him from when he was little to before he chose to go through rough times and choices. In these times he chose not to talk with me or be in my life. Thats okay he had to grow. I missed him, and I was told be patient he will come back. It took a couple of years of me leaving him alone to do it. He told me that he didnt understand what was going on in his life. Since I came back into it he is not angry anymore...lol..His inspiration for his videos is that he thought he had to be angry. I told him that to me he did not show anger he expressed an opinion, and added humour to get the point across. He is controversial, some of the things he said didnt make sense to me. Again though this was my opinion.
    He hasnt been well the last month or so, Dr. cannot find out why he is feeling the way he is. As Mom I am concerned, and instead of pushing me away he trusts me to be around. How do i feel about this? I am concerned that I get too close, I start to feel again, that he will push me away. I think its called Separation Anxiety..lol..It scares me to have him go out of my life again. My youngest son is making his way out of my life like his older brother...lol..geesh! this is not easy. He found a girl he really likes and has been spending lots of time with her. I feel he will move out with her,I feel she will be the one he will marry. With my older son, Ive met some of the girls he has been with and there just wasnt a connection for me. I knew none of then would last. Now back to the Dr office again, this time he is getting a note to go back to work..i know this this the best move for him. The interesting part is that there was a young woman in the Dr office that gravitated over to us. Her presence was in flow with my sons and with me. She shared with us, I asked some questions, answered some. He was getting along with him like it had been going on for a long time..lol..his name was called and he had to leave her and I alone to talk. When he came back i was showing her the touching video he created. The look he gave me was very confusing, i didnt know if he was going to get mad at me or what??? he was about to ask her to stop watching and she turned to him and said shhh! she loved it. She said very little, however I knew she was touched. He got up embarrassed and said good bye to her. She looked at him like how dare you...lol..NO! and I felt the same. Two complete strangers and i knew he could just not walk away from her. I made him go back and talk to her. She gave him her number. He told me now thats embarrassing my Mom found me a girlfriend..lol..he said he didnt know if he should kiss me he was so happy. Now he went home and cleaned his home, washed all his clothes, is going on his first date with her, and goes back to work monday. I love the fact that everything went in flow. I think I can handle the separation with him this time, knowing that he is going to be happy this time. I feel the same for my younger one, however in a couple of months now, i still havent met her. I will be patient and let him come to me.

    ReplyDelete