I believe we can be anyone

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best to make you like everybody else is to fight the hardest battle you can fight--but never stop fighting! E.E. Cummings


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ahhh, Summertime!

Ahhh, summer.  My favourite time of year!  A time of year when I can finally let go of my fall, spring and winter (haha) shoes, boots and clothes and wear less!!  I have the type of body that gets cold easily so I really look forward to the freedom of summer; feeling warm and wearing dresses and sexy and slinky clothes.

I love the smells early in the morning.  There's a freshness in the air.  I walk out onto our balcony and I can now enjoy the fruits of my labour; all the flowers and plants that I have planted earlier on.  I can easily smell them from the freshness of the morning and also in the later evening.

The fruits of my labour.



I have started to ride my bike more again.  I enjoy riding in the early evening.  Nature comes alive again and the I can smell all the scents of nature as everything is getting ready to go to sleep.  Those two times of the day are magical for me; there's a quietness to them.

A ride around Weaselhead Park with a field of purple flowers.



Nights are getting shorter now and I feel an urgency to get out as much as I can before winter comes again and I'm cocooned.  Even though it hasn't been the hottest summer this year, every nice day that comes along feels precious now.  Perhaps it's teaching me to seize the moment because tomorrow might be raining or cold.  Ironically as I write this, it's a cool, cloudy August day.  It's not long before lying on the warm grass looking at the sky will be another memory until next year.



One day, my dream is to live and be somewhere where it is warm all the time.  Well, maybe even to live for part of the year where I can get away from the cold winter months and spend my days soaking up the sun, riding my bike or dancing barefoot in the grass.  Maybe I will spend part of my day writing to you from my computer sitting on the beach.   Who knows?  I can dream, can't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment